Do we have enough qualified and empowered teachers?May 9, 2016
6 Bollywood celebrity couples, who’re hands-on parentsMay 21, 2016
Parenting requires gadgets but you need to know more before using them.
As we all are living in the world of technology everyone is somehow using it as well. Either for educational purposes or for entertainment pursuits, gadgets are playing an important role not only in adults’ lives but are greatly influencing children also. It’s so amazing to see how kids nowadays use gadgets more effectively than their parents. But it is important for their parents to know that in what ways their kids are making use of that gadget.
Keeping the parents’ point of view in mind, following are 10 things you should know for the use of gadgets for parenting the smart generation of kids:
- Helping kids in using gadgets in their studies: The smart generation of kids needs smart parents to let them work on gadgets which would help them in their class projects and homework. But there should be limit and there must a check on what kids are up to while using the device.
- Not good for brains: The devices are making kids not to depend more on their minds rather they believe what is being shown on screens. Too much is anything is bad, therefore moms and dads are required to not let their kids use gadgets excessively.
- Early learning of technology: kids of this era are learning technology at a very early age. This is making it easy for children to use devices, they know how to use and perform tasks on the devices.
- Helps in parenting: the gadgets are proving to be helpful for parents in better parenting of their kid. Kids are more frequently absorbing things which they watch in the form of games and activities at the devices.
- Bedtime would definitely be disturbed: Wwhile the usage of laptops and tablets are making the kids to go to bed late. The addiction of using gadgets let children to keep using it.
- Language will be affected: the parents of 4 to 5 years old kids find these devices beneficial as the apps are making their language better.
- Improving performance: the performance of children will be improved if the use of devices is right. The educational purposes can be easily achieved by kids if their parents let them use devices at right time and the usage must be rightly measured as well.
- Guidelines must be given: The parents must give their children the proper guidelines to use the gadgets, so the devices will be giving advantages to kids the right way.
- Lower the risk of abusing the gadgets: the good use of devices can lower the risk of the abuse, which is what most of the parents believe that kids only use gadgets for entertainment purposes, but that’s not right at all.
- Don’t discourage kids: the kids must not be discouraged while using devices but the time span of using those gadgets must be precise and not prolonged. Parents must encourage their kids as it will boost their child’s performance.